Sunday, March 22, 2009

After 9+ Great Years...






...we are moving this week. I have felt so sad these past few weeks to say goodbye to a neighborhood and home that I love. My husband had an idea the week of New Year's that we should go look at the housing market just to see what was out there. Three months later, our home is sold and we have purchased a new one. I am excited for the adventure, my home is again organized and purged (even though it is all in boxes), and I know I will love the new home. However, I have an amazing network of friends in this neighborhood and I cannot imagine life without them. It is not the same when you are not crossing paths on such a regular basis.


I am mainly posting these pictures as a memory for me and to prove that my home was, at one point, all clean at the same time. I remember for years this room was stark empty. It used to have a plastic slide, a train and table, an art table, etc. for Tavo and Alee to survive the winter months indoors. With all the toys packed up, I wish I had a few of those novelties to entertain my 2 year old. Instead, I box it up and eliminate one more item or toy to have to keep picking up. The poor kids are bored out of their minds with the move prep. Little do they know that a lot of items that are "so special" to them are probably not coming out of the boxes... hee hee hee!


We purchased this home three months after we married. We were sure we would never be able to fill all the spaces.... almost 10 years later we were bursting at the seams and needed more storage for all the STUFF we felt we needed!



This is the famous "Hotel Estrada" guest bedroom. We have loved hosting so many family and friends over the years. For some, we will no longer be a short 20 minute drive up the canyon to the ski resort. I wonder if that will diminish the number of guests seeking a night here and there?!? We will still have Gustavo's wonderful cooking... please come!



The boys have enjoyed the bunkbeds since receiving them at Christmas.... Lucas especially loved the challenge of climbing the ladder. A month ago, he jumped and has had a cast on to help the breaks in his leg AND foot heal. It comes off on Wednesday!!! Yeah! He has learned how to use that fiberglass as a weapon and the entire family will be greatful when it is off and he is disarmed.


Alee's room! She is 100% girl and wants to make her new room really fancy! For any of you Mom's with little princesses, I hope you have read the "Fancy Nancy" series of books. They remind me a lot of my Alee and her expectations and talents in life. We had a "Girls Night" this past Friday. We started by attending Alee's first baby shower for Sje Pearson Johnson who decided to have her baby girl that day rather than attending her own party. (Congratulations Sje!)

Alee and I then went shopping for shoes and came home with an entire outfit (the dress was made in Guatemala) to go along with that new pair of shoes. What a treat to spend a couple of hours with my daughter. She even fed my ego and image that night as she convinced me that since I wore the sandals she selected for me, we both had fashion that night! (I am having a hard time feeling any sense of fashion as I wear my frumpy maternity clothes and favor any shoe with no heal!) I needed a bit of Alee that night.











































7 comments:

Laura said...

I am thrilled to see you start a blog, especially because I hope it will help me see what is going on with you. I am going to miss you so much. Your talents and knowledge have always inspired me. You are a dear friend. I remember when you had that living room full of toys, wink. Can't wait to see your new house. I know you will be happy there, you are so good at making friends and making people feel included and comfortable!

Oh and write you blog to journal and its easier. I am so happy to have so much recored over the last years!

Mike and Shelby said...

WHAT A FUN POST! We are so grateful to have been a part of the last two years of you in this house. You are one to be admired and will be greatly missed.

You will be so glad you posted these pictures. (and blogged about your future family adventures!) Keep it up! It is so fun.

I know we have the same floorplan, but my room doesn't have a "Hotel Rodgers" in it! Ooh la la! Maybe in 9 more years we'll have one??? :)

I love the Fancy Nancy books too. That Alee is so on top of her fashion!

Enjoy your new home, it won't be long for your new neighborhood and ward to recognize the blessed addition you will be!

Blog away, girl!

Christine said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited that you are now a blogger! Cute picture of your kids - can't believe they are that big already!

Emily and I just discovered the Fancy Nancy books about 2 weeks ago. She loves them!

Good luck this week with your big move. I can't wait to see the pictures. And I loved seeing the pictures of your "ol home." Brings back some fun memories - like New Year's Eve with confetti ALL OVER your living room! That was a GREAT night.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging so we can keep in touch!

Hillary said...

I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I saw you on Shelby's blog.

You are so amazing. Your new neighborhood will be so lucky to have your family move in, but we will miss you guys.

I hope you find the time to keep your blog up. It has been a fun way for us to write down the happenings in our family, and it is so nice to see what our friends are doing.

Good Luck!

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

yahoo.. you finally made it to the blogging world, i'm super excited to beable to see pics and keep in touch better. I can NOT believe how big the kids are getting, they're adorable as usual. So where's the new home??? that's pretty excitting!!! when's the new baby comin?

mary Bendixen said...

Michelle,
OK this is a first for me because Heidi just walked me thru it! She posted one for me already. How pathetic is that?!
We are so excited you are living next to H & S we can't stand it! It was good to see you yesterday.
When the weather warms up we will be having our "Fiesta" for the masses of cute Latinos that are working for me on the house in our hood. Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, Mexico etc. It's a riot when they get together. they're so animated (as you know) The air temperature goes up a notch! We'll let you know when we have the soiree! Steve & Heidi will be there.
Hope all is well with you and the kids. Sorry I missed Gus's talk at Women's conf. today. I would have loved to hear him!
Love you!