Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter

Jason and Abby joined us for East Sunday. I took to the couch while they helped the kids expend energy.
They helped us hide all the eggs for the hunt!

Our new community held an egg hunt the Saturday before Easter and it was a lot of fun! Inflatable slide, pony rides, egg hunt... Mom took Lucas to the doctor while Dad, Alee and Tavo were living the good life at the park.
Alee was too sick to go to church that day, but still had to wear the Easter dress she inherited from Miss Molly Day. Molly - Alee LOVES your clothes! You may not be able to tell, but it is a white dress with a pink sash around the waist and pink rosebuds on the skirt... lovely!
Alee also found the GOLDEN egg - which is Estrada family tradition to have an egg with money. The Golden egg had $5 and boy was Tavo disappointed it was not him. He always has big plans for his money. Alee's gloating did not help much.
Thanks to LaLa and Aunt Froggie, the boys ate chocolate Easter Frogs! Boy were they happy to open that package from California! My kids are spoiled rotten!!!
Tavo takes his chocolate very seriously.
Since the day we moved in, the kids were asking daily about WHEN we were going to decorate our new home for Easter and especially when we would decorate eggs. I was digging through piles of boxes to find Easter decor and make them feel like we were done with the stress of moving into a new home.
Alee made bright, bright colored eggs, Tavo stuck to the blues and greens for boys and Lucas just splashed his eggs into the closest color pot and made some very interesting colors with a mostly cracked shell motif. He is such a two year old and was done in about four minutes with colors all over the table cloth and his hands.
He thought this was exciting, but then he opened a pair of Buzz Lightyear pajamas which were so thrilling - he could have cared less about the candy. Check out those muscles!!!!
















2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the golden egg idea. I want to try that next year... though I wonder what fights will ensue. Oh well they got to learn not everyone wins the prize.

Mike and Shelby said...

I like that golden egg idea. We've inherited the tradition from Mike's family where the bunny hides all the eggs they dyed. Easter is such a fun holiday. I love Lucas' way of dying eggs, get in-get it done. :)